Poetry Under the Stars
POETRY, BUT NOT AS WE KNOW IT.
For an out of this world experience of a different kind, head to Katoomba Library to hear poetry read aloud under the starry canopy of the Blue Mountains’ skies. Blue Mountains City Library is hosting Poetry Under the Stars on the last Friday in November between 6pm and 8.30pm in the Cultural Centre Courtyard.
This is a fun and inspiring event for all ages so bring the family and friends, a cushion to sit on and a picnic to enjoy. Lie back as night falls, listen to talented local poets read their original works, and local musicians set the mood.
This annual event is a showcase of exciting local talent, and an essential poetry event on your literary calendar.
The Poetry Under the Stars event aims to:
- Promote literacy across all age brackets, with poems to appeal to children and adults.
- Host an event that enticed both ‘readers’ and library members as well as ‘non-readers’ and non-library members to attend.
- Demonstrate the accessibility of poetry with song lyrics, free-verse (non- rhyming) and performance poetry.
- Support local writers and others involved in creative and cultural pursuits within our community.
- Showcase the new Katoomba Library and Blue Mountains Cultural Centre.
- Provide an accessible event (no charge, multi-age) to promote social inclusion.